Cocopotamus: Itís Fudge, But Not As You Know ItCocopotamus is a spin on that wonderful American tradition: old-fashioned fudge. Created by fledgling artisanal chocolatier, Albuquerque, N.M.-based NYDC Chocolate, Cocopotamus is all-natural fudge handmade in artisanal small-batch fashion and then hand-dipped in dark chocolate to form fudge truffles. The truffles do not contain preservatives, corn syrup, wheat or gluten. It’s richer, creamier and less sweet chocolate fudge made with dark chocolate and infused with exotic flavors, whimsical names and colorful packaging.
"We believe chocolate should be delicious, creative, and most of all, fun," says CEO, Maxwell Sinclair. "A lot of the inspiration came from NYDC," he adds, referring to the award-winning New York Dessert Cafes he and his wife Ally Sinclair co-founded in 1995.
On the heels of its recent expansion from online to retail, NYDC Chocolate is partnering with a specialty food distributor, FamilyQuest Marketing, to bring the truffles to regional markets including Colorado, Wyoming, Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi.
The Cocopotamus line contains 18 flavors of dark chocolate fudge truffles, ranging from the traditional -- think creamy coconut or pure peppermint -- to the more exotic, such as Mr. French fudge topped with gourmet salt.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ