Low-Glycemic Sweetener DebutsScotts Valley, Cal.-based Source Naturals introduces XyliSmart, a "tooth-friendly" sugar substitute which, unlike other sugars, may reduce the risk of dental caries and does not promote tooth decay, and is a diabetic safe, low glycemic sweetener that helps manage healthy glucose levels in the body. Because it is absorbed slowly, it does not result in a blood glucose concentration spike, which can alter mood or energy levels. It also looks and tastes like sugar, but with 40 percent fewer calories, and produces a cool, refreshing aftertaste, which is pleasing to the palate.
"XyliSmart is Source Naturals' trade name for xylitol, a natural sugar alcohol," says National Science Educator Guy Devin, Ph.D. "Unlike sugar, which is an energy source for bacteria in the mouth, xylitol limits the growth of decay-causing bacteria like Mutans streptococci. Once pH levels in the mouth drop below a neutral pH of 7, tooth enamel begins to demineralize. Xylitol can provide increased salivary flow rates, which can buffer the acids produced by bacteria and support the remineralization of demineralized teeth."
Suggested retail price is $4.98 for 3 oz, $6.98 for 8 oz, $12.50 for 16 oz and $23.50 for 32 oz.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »