7-Eleven Helps Consumers when Snacks Attack!Dallas-based 7-Eleven Inc. has sweet news for its snack-loving consumers. To complement its steadily growing line of 7-Select private-label products as well as the fresh-baked-daily items in its bakery case, some 5,700 participating 7-Eleven stores are adding 15 packaged bakery items under the company's private-label brand. Snack cakes and pies, mini-donuts and breakfast pastries fill in the snack category for consumers who prefer their treats sweet rather than salty. Varieties include: Powdered Sugar Mini-Donuts, six-pack; Chocolate Frosted Mini-Donuts, six-pack; Crunch Mini-Donuts, six-pack; Powdered Sugar Mini-Donuts, 10-oz bag; Chocolate Frosted Mini-Donuts, 10-oz bag; Chocolate Cupcakes, two-pack;Gold Crème Cakes, two-pack; Iced Cheese Danish; Iced Cherry Cheese Danish; Iced Apple Danish; Bear Claw Danish; Apple Snack Pie; Cherry Snack Pie; Iced Honey Bun and Glazed Honey Bun.
The new line of bakery items has been in development for more than a year under the supervision of Joe Hermes, senior product director for bakery and produce, and Bakery Product Manager John Vaughan.
"Customers who turn to private label are looking for better values and ways to save money," says Hermes, "but just saving money isn't enough to keep them as repeat purchasers. Our goal was to match or improve on the taste and quality of the baked goods by the national brands. If you can do that and save a customer money, they're more likely to become loyal to that product."
Suggested retail price is f $1.19 to $1.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »