Fresh-Cut Core Removal System Eliminates Manual CoringKey Technology introduces onCore, a new integrated system that revolutionizes the processing of iceberg and romaine lettuces in bagged salads. The system, which combines a vibratory density separation shaker with a camera/laser sorter, eliminates manual coring to increase yields and improve product quality while reducing labor costs.
In addition to eliminating manual coring, onCore simultaneously removes foreign material and product defects from the production line, further improving product quality and food safety. With onCore, the whole, uncored heads of lettuce are brought into the plant and cut using the same automated cutting technology that is traditionally used to cut cored heads of lettuce. After cutting, onCore’s two-step process removes the pieces of core as well as foreign material and defects from the product stream.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »