Jimmy Dean Now Offering Healthier, Protein-Packed Breakfasts
Sara Lee Corp., Downers Grove, Ill., rolls out two delightful and less caloric Jimmy Dean D-Lights breakfast sausage products, giving on-the-go families a way to enjoy a warm, protein-rich and satisfying breakfast in less than three minutes.
Made with whole grains, egg whites, cheese, turkey sausage and turkey bacon, Jimmy Dean D-lights Turkey Sausage Whole Grain Bagel Sandwich comes in at only 260 calories and 8g of fat, but contains 18g of protein and 34g whole grains per serving.
Jimmy Dean D-lights Turkey Bacon Breakfast Bowl contains turkey bacon, potatoes, scrambled egg whites and reduced fat cheese. It has 240 calories, 9g of fat and 19g of protein.
"As part of our ongoing commitment to provide better-for-you options to our consumers, these two great new breakfast options will give people everywhere a chance to start their day with the 'power of protein' while taking in less than 300 calories," says Andy Callahan, vice president of breakfast and snacking for Sara Lee North American Retail. “With D-lights, we offer delicious, guilt-free breakfast foods to help energize America and start the day right."
According to the National Eating Trends data reported by the NPD Group, the average American seeks out at least two better-for-you products a day while looking to consume foods with reduced calories and more whole grains. D-lights breakfast bowls and sandwiches are conveniently microwavable, making it easy to enjoy a warm, satisfying, better-for-you breakfast in minutes.
Suggested retail price for four Bagels is $6.49, and one Breakfast Bowl is $2.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »