Ingredients System Allows for More Gluten-Free FlexibilityPenford Food Ingredients Co. announced the launch of PenTechGF, an ingredients system for gluten-free baking and coatings.
PenTechGF allows manufacturers, processors and foodservice companies to develop lines that have all the wellness attributes of gluten-free combined with the visual, mouthfeel and flavor of wheat-based items marketed to the general public.
On the bakery side, PenTechGF is a complete system for creating delicious breads, rolls, muffins, pizza crust, pie crust, cookies, cakes and more, combined with Penford’s R&D capacity to customize gluten-free formulations for every customer.
The use of the proper starch can give dough the much-needed elasticity, the right amount of chewiness and a consistent crumb grain. The system allows for:
- Volume to give bread height
- Textures that aren’t too gummy or dry
- Crumb grain for muffins that is open and slightly course, just like wheat-based muffins
- A resilient body for pastries to prevent crumbling
- Cakes that are light and fluffy
- A neutral flavor to pizza dough or pie crusts that won’t interfere with other ingredients
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »