Gluten-Free Baking Even More of a Possibility with Cassava Flour
American Key Food Products has announced the development of a natural cassava flour, a substitute for wheat flour, which enables the production of a number of gluten-free baked goods with virtually the same taste, texture, crumb and baking characteristics as those made with wheat.
Made from cassava root, King Lion brand Premium Cassava Flour is produced through a proprietary manufacturing process that yields an ingredient with superior baking properties. Unlike most formulations for gluten-free baked goods which are composed of several types of flours and starches, a wide range of high quality baked goods can be made using only this cassava flour in place of wheat flour. This simplifies formulation and production, reduces the need for inventorying ingredients, and simplifies label declaration.
In tests with various types of baked goods, AKFP’s cassava flour has also exhibited excellent moisture retention characteristics, reducing the amount of flour needed in some cases versus wheat flour.
Commercial production is projected for early 2010.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »