Wheaties Gets Fueled UpDesigned specifically to help fuel wins for today's athletes, Wheaties Fuel from Minneapolis-based General Mills, was developed with the help of football champion and three-time MVP Peyton Manning, champion triathlete Hunter Kemper, basketball champion and 12-time all-star Kevin Garnett, gold medal-winning decathlete Bryan Clay, first baseman Albert Pujols, an 8-time all-star and 2-time MVP, and sports nutritionist Dr. John Ivy, is available nationally.
"I'm very happy with the way the new cereal turned out," said Garnett. "Wheaties Fuel is a modern update on a proven classic and I think the great taste and nutritional benefits will help satisfy the breakfast needs of elite athletes, weekend warriors and everyone in between."
Wheaties Fuel, a lightly sweetened, crunchy flake with granola and crispy rice and a touch of cinnamon and honey, features long-lasting energy from whole wheat to help keep you going. Each serving includes: 200 calories to kick-start your morning; at least 16g of whole grain for long-lasting energy; 100 percent of the recommended DV of five B vitamins to help your body release energy from food; 5g of fiber to help curb hunger and keep you feeling full, as well as calcium & vitamin D to help promote bone health.
"We're excited to bring the first-ever cereal designed specifically to help fuel athletic performance to the market place," says Marketing Manager for Wheaties.Dan Stangler. "Wheaties FUEL takes advantage of the advances in science of the past 85 years and leverages the expertise of champion athletes, a leading sports nutritionist and everyday athletes, to create a product that will be fueling wins for the next 85 years."
Regular Wheaties fans need not worry. Fuel will not replace the original. The two cereals comprise an expanded Breakfast of Champions product portfolio.
Suggested retail price is $4.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »