Canadians Prefer Crunchy, Flavorful And Hot Snacks
Canadians' top snacking preference is foods that are crispy and crunchy (68 percent), followed closely by snacks that come in a variety of flavors (66 percent), and hot and fresh (57 percent), according to a recent poll by Angus Reid Strategies commissioned on behalf of Orville Redenbacher's.
Mississauga, Ontario-based ConAgra Foods Canada, a division of Omaha-based ConAgra Foods Inc., expands its Orville Redenbacher's Flavour Shakers line with the launch of a Salt and Vinegar flavor.
"For a long time, the only choice people had for flavoured popcorn was butter or no butter," said Rob Tallis, director of marketing for Orville Redenbacher's at ConAgra Foods Canada. "Canadians' tastes have evolved and Orville Redenbacher's has been responding by offering a variety of flavours, most recently with the addition of Salt & Vinegar to the Orville Redenbacher's Flavour Shakers line."
Suggested retail price for a five-pack box is $3.99 to $4.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »