Canadians Prefer Crunchy, Flavorful And Hot Snacks
Canadians' top snacking preference is foods that are crispy and crunchy (68 percent), followed closely by snacks that come in a variety of flavors (66 percent), and hot and fresh (57 percent), according to a recent poll by Angus Reid Strategies commissioned on behalf of Orville Redenbacher's.
Mississauga, Ontario-based ConAgra Foods Canada, a division of Omaha-based ConAgra Foods Inc., expands its Orville Redenbacher's Flavour Shakers line with the launch of a Salt and Vinegar flavor.
"For a long time, the only choice people had for flavoured popcorn was butter or no butter," said Rob Tallis, director of marketing for Orville Redenbacher's at ConAgra Foods Canada. "Canadians' tastes have evolved and Orville Redenbacher's has been responding by offering a variety of flavours, most recently with the addition of Salt & Vinegar to the Orville Redenbacher's Flavour Shakers line."
Suggested retail price for a five-pack box is $3.99 to $4.99.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »