Oil Skimmer Provides Removes Grease and Oil from Food Processing Wastewater
To avoid fines from government and municipal sewer districts, food processing plants must limit the amount of oils discharged into the environment. Oils and greases entering a plant's wastewater stream in the process line or during sanitary washdowns, must be removed continuously. The Model 8 oil skimmer provides a continuously operating belt and wiper that can remove up to 40 gallons per hour of oil and grease from water and water-based solutions. Depending on the characteristics of the liquid, the Model 8 oil skimmer is capable of reducing oil content to fewer than five parts-per-million in water.
Using an upper and lower pulley system, the oil skimmer belt runs through contaminated liquid to pick up oil from the surface. The belt travels over the head pulley and then passes through tandem wiper blades, from which oil is scraped off both sides and discharged. The tail pulley features flanges that allow the pulley to roll freely on the inside of the belt without becoming dislodged in turbulent applications. No bearings are needed; the unit does not need to be fastened to the tank. An optional tether and cage assembly is offered to prevent the tail pulley from being dislodged. The Oil Grabber Model 8 can be used in tanks with depths as shallow as one foot or as deep as 100 feet.
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »