Healthier Foodservice Options Available On Campus And At Work
Camden, N.J.-based Campbell Soup Co.'s North America Foodservice division brings its Campbell's Select Harvest 100% natural soups, its fastest growing soup line in 2009, to the foodservice market to address increasing demand in universities, offices and other non-commercial locations for more nutritious options.
Select Harvest soups include 100% all-natural chicken stock, tangerine tomatoes and sweet basil. Additionally, Campbell has added a lower sodium natural sea salt, which enables each Select Harvest soup to meet a healthy sodium level of 480mg per 8-oz serving.
People are trying to eat healthier, even when they are away from home," says Taly Salamon, manager of innovation and business development at Campbell. "Bringing our Select Harvest soups into foodservice allows us to offer more great tasting, 100% all-natural options to people eating meals away from home."
Suggested price for a case (each includes three 4-lb 100% recyclable plastic trays of soup) is $31 to $33.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »