Healthier Foodservice Options Available On Campus And At Work
Camden, N.J.-based Campbell Soup Co.'s North America Foodservice division brings its Campbell's Select Harvest 100% natural soups, its fastest growing soup line in 2009, to the foodservice market to address increasing demand in universities, offices and other non-commercial locations for more nutritious options.
Select Harvest soups include 100% all-natural chicken stock, tangerine tomatoes and sweet basil. Additionally, Campbell has added a lower sodium natural sea salt, which enables each Select Harvest soup to meet a healthy sodium level of 480mg per 8-oz serving.
People are trying to eat healthier, even when they are away from home," says Taly Salamon, manager of innovation and business development at Campbell. "Bringing our Select Harvest soups into foodservice allows us to offer more great tasting, 100% all-natural options to people eating meals away from home."
Suggested price for a case (each includes three 4-lb 100% recyclable plastic trays of soup) is $31 to $33.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »