Reformulated YoPlus Yogurt Offers Trio of Benefits
Three is the magic number when it comes to offering yogurt fans a trio of better-for-you benefits in every cup of reformulated Yoplait YoPlus from Minneapolis-based General Mills.
Now with 20 percent of the daily value of antioxidant vitamins A and E, a blend of special probiotic cultures (L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus) and natural dietary fiber (3g per 4-oz. serving) for digestive health, as well as calcium and vitamin D for bone health, YoPlus delivers a trifecta of important pluses.
“Newly reformulated YoPlus is now an excellent source of antioxidants, perfect for individuals who are proactive about making nutritious food choices,” says Christina Meyer-Jax, nutrition communicator with the General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition. “YoPlus already serves as a way to help promote digestive health and support bone health. With the benefit of antioxidant vitamins A and E, it is truly the yogurt that gives you more.”
Varieties include Strawberry, Vanilla, Cherry, Peach, Blackberry Pomegranate and Blueberry Acai. Also available is YoPlus Light, which has one-third fewer calories at 70 per serving. Flavors include Honey Vanilla, Strawberry Banana and Key Lime Pie.
“With its smooth creamy texture and unique flavor combinations, Yoplait YoPlus is an ideal option for someone looking for a snack that offers health benefits and is full of flavor,” says Betsy Storey, associate marketing manager for YoPlus.
Suggested retail price for a four-pack of 4-oz. cups is $2.79.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »