Reformulated YoPlus Yogurt Offers Trio of Benefits
Three is the magic number when it comes to offering yogurt fans a trio of better-for-you benefits in every cup of reformulated Yoplait YoPlus from Minneapolis-based General Mills.
Now with 20 percent of the daily value of antioxidant vitamins A and E, a blend of special probiotic cultures (L. bulgaricus and S. thermophilus) and natural dietary fiber (3g per 4-oz. serving) for digestive health, as well as calcium and vitamin D for bone health, YoPlus delivers a trifecta of important pluses.
“Newly reformulated YoPlus is now an excellent source of antioxidants, perfect for individuals who are proactive about making nutritious food choices,” says Christina Meyer-Jax, nutrition communicator with the General Mills Bell Institute of Health and Nutrition. “YoPlus already serves as a way to help promote digestive health and support bone health. With the benefit of antioxidant vitamins A and E, it is truly the yogurt that gives you more.”
Varieties include Strawberry, Vanilla, Cherry, Peach, Blackberry Pomegranate and Blueberry Acai. Also available is YoPlus Light, which has one-third fewer calories at 70 per serving. Flavors include Honey Vanilla, Strawberry Banana and Key Lime Pie.
“With its smooth creamy texture and unique flavor combinations, Yoplait YoPlus is an ideal option for someone looking for a snack that offers health benefits and is full of flavor,” says Betsy Storey, associate marketing manager for YoPlus.
Suggested retail price for a four-pack of 4-oz. cups is $2.79.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »