Chocolate Covered Peeps For Your Easter Basket
Just in time for Easter, Just Born Inc., Bethlehem, Pa., rolls out Peeps Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks, the first time its iconic Peeps Chick shape has been covered in chocolate. Available in Creamy Milk Chocolate and Rich Dark Chocolate, they are wrapped in conveniently sized 1-oz. single-serve packages for your Easter basket or just a fun treat.
Just Born also welcomes new Peeps Orange Marshmallow Chicks and Bunnies into the growing Peeps family. They are available in all of the season’s favorite colors: yellow, pink, blue, lavender, green and orange.
Eating Peeps brings a smile to people of all ages, so it is no surprise that Just Born produces enough Peeps in one year to circle the Earth twice. According to the company, it takes six minutes to create one Peeps chick, and consumers do curious things with them – age them for a different consistency, microwave them (they expand greatly!), freeze them, roast them and even cook with them.
“We are really excited about this new offering,” says brand manager Chris Schneeweiss. “We chose the chick shape because it is a popular Easter icon that everyone loves. We wanted to appeal to all taste buds, so we are offering this item in both milk and dark chocolate. These Peeps will please loyal fans and entice newcomers, perhaps becoming our biggest hit ever.”
Suggested retail price is less than $1.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »