Spicy Barbecue Bacon Great Burger TopperAccording to research firm Datassential, bacon is the No. 2 burger ingredient (closely following onion), and Barbecue sauce has overtaken ketchup as the top sauce for burgers, growing over 10 percent in the past year.
Kansas City, Mo.-based Farmland Foods expands the bacon category with Farmland Spicy BBQ Bacon, made from fresh, never frozen, pork bellies, so the full natural flavor always comes through. Clearly, Spicy Barbecue Bacon is a great fit with America's shifting tastes. And it's smoked with real hickory wood, so it has an authentic smoky aroma and rich, barbeque flavor.
Available in a 16-oz package, Spicy BBQ Bacon is ideal on a burger or sandwich, and it also makes a flavorful ingredient for stews and beans.
"Barbecue consistently ranks near the top of every consumer flavor preference study," says Bert Lawson, manager of the Farmland Foods Test Kitchen. "And bacon has never been more popular with consumers who want a little something extra on their burgers and sandwiches. So it was only natural to combine these two for a rich, smoky and authentic accent for their favorite meals."
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »