First Yogurt With CLA For Weight ManagementSt. Paul, Minn.-based Old Home Foods launches innovative Safflower Power Yogurt with Clarinol CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), made by Netherlands-based Lipid Nutrition. It has all the benefits of yogurt, plus the benefits of CLA --reducing body fat and increasing lean muscle.
Safflower Power yogurt, the first CLA containing yogurt in the U.S., is available in the refrigerated section of Minnesota grocery stores in eight varieties: Strawberry, Black Cherry, Blueberry, Banana-Mango, Marionberry, Peach, Pomegranate-Blueberry, and Red Raspberry.
Packaged in a 6oz cup designed to fit into hectic and on-the-go lifestyles, Safflower Power Yogurt is targeted to females and males who want to live life in shape and being fit. By eating two 6oz servings, along with a healthy diet and regular exercise, consumers can see improved body shape and tone in as little as 8-12 weeks. With as few as 160 calories per cup, the yogurt is gluten-free and HFCS-free.
"Safflower Power Yogurt was developed to provide a great tasting and uniquely nutritious yogurt to females and males that is highly differentiated from all the rest of the yogurts in the marketplace," says Dr. Marianne O'Shea, director in North America for Lipid Nutrition. "With the recent GRAS approval for Clarinol CLA, Lipid Nutrition was able to help Old Home Foods capitalize on the marketable claims around reducing body fat and increasing lean muscle that resonate well with their target consumers, provide application support and help them provide a delicious yogurt while incorporating a health functional ingredient like Clarinol CLA."
Suggested retail price per cup is 83 cents.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ