Suppression Sensors Detect Objects; Help With Food SafetyBanner Engineering introduces the World-Beam QS18 Adjustable-Field Foreground Suppression Sensors, designed to reliably detect objects regardless of color, reflectivity, surface irregularities or background conditions. The sensor’s universal mounting design makes installation quick and easy, while a simple screwdriver adjustment allows for precise setup of sensing range. With a compact and IP67-rated sealed housing, the QS18 adjustable-field sensors deliver an exceptional sensing solution for small or difficult-to-reach areas.
The QS18 Adjustable-Field Foreground Suppression Sensors operate in diffuse mode, detecting light returned by the background, but ignoring light returned by the object. The concept is similar to that of a polarized retroreflective sensor; if the sensor cannot see the background (reflector), the output switches on—indicating that the target object is present.
These compact sensors are available in two adjustable cutoff ranges: 15-40 mm and 30-200 mm. The short-range models are ideal for detecting thinner objects that are closer to the background.
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- Indeck releases high-tech steam boilers
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »