System Uses Telecentric Lens to Inspect Bottle Necks
Mettler-Toledo CI-Vision introduced an advanced inspection system that accurately inspects bottle necks regardless of the position of the bottle on the conveyor by utilizing a Telecentric lens.
Through the use of telecentric lenses, the Empty Bottle Inspection system more accurately then ever verifies that neck threads are completely formed and not notched, inspects the sealing surface of the neck for planarity and detects molding flash. An overhead camera inspects for choked neck opening and for ovality of the neck opening.
The system can also inspect the bottle sidewalls and bottom for embedded particulate contamination, blisters and bubbles in material, and window flaws such as swirls in coloring and imperfections in surface finish. The advanced system utilizes multiple cameras and sophisticated CIVCore proprietary software to complete all of these inspection operations simultaneously, speeding bottles through the inspection process. The system also changes over quickly to inspect new products. The system includes the vision processor, the neck inspection cameras with telecentric lenses as well as overhead and body inspection cameras, CIVCore Vision Engine software and all necessary cables as well as camera mounts, light mounts specific to the application and a touch screen monitor.
- Pick Heaters Offers Pilot-Scale and Production-Scale 3A Sanitary Heaters
- Flexicon Offers Flexi-Disc Tubular Cable Conveyors
- Brookfield Engineering Offers 90° Peel Fixture
- Hinds-Bock Pie Depositing Machinery Handles Entire Range of Pies
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »