Hellmann's Light Switches To Cage-Free Eggs
Englewood Cliffs, N.J.-based Unilever North America now uses cage-free eggs in its Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise in the U.S.
Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise is the first consumer product of its stature and volume in the packaged foods industry to use cage-free eggs – which equates to approximately 3.5 million lbs. of eggs. The eggs are American Humane Certified (www.thehumanetouch.org), a certification program administered by the American Humane Assn., which claims to be the leading certifier of cage-free eggs in the U.S.
With the same great taste but half the fat and calories of its Real mayonnaise, Hellmann's Light is the brand's second most popular selling recipe and will be the first in the Hellmann's line to contain cage-free eggs – although the brand intends to change all its mayonnaise products to cage-free eggs over time. In fact, Hellmann's aspires to change all of its "Real Food" mayonnaise recipes – Real, Canola Cholesterol Free, Olive Oil and Low Fat Mayonnaise Dressing – to cage-free eggs once a certifiable and consistent supply becomes available in North America.
"Hellmann's is made from real, simple ingredients – vinegar, oils rich in omega-3 and omega-6 and eggs," says Jamey Fish, Hellmann's senior brand manager. "Hellmann's understands that people are increasingly attuned to what's in their food and where it comes from and that's why Hellmann's Light is now moving to 100 percent cage-free eggs, keeping with the brand's commitment to ‘Real Food' using simple ingredients."
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »