Cherry Raisinets Contain Half A Serving Of FruitOn the heels of its introduction of Cranberry Raisinets, Glendale, Calif.-based Nestle USA adds Cherry Raisinets to the line. Made with Montgomery Tart Cherries and covered with Nestle Dark Chocolate, a quarter-cup contains half a serving of real fruit.
"Trying to make smart eating choices to maintain a healthy weight is a great approach, but many people make the mistake of depriving themselves of some of the foods they love," says Laurie MacDonald, a registered dietician with Nestle USA. "This is a recipe for diet disaster because most people eventually give in to their cravings. A better approach is to allow for foods that you enjoy in moderation. Cherry Raisinets are an ideal better-for-you treat: you can enjoy the indulgent flavor with less guilt."
Suggested retail price for a 4-oz resealable, stand-up bag is $3.29.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »