Size, Density Separator Removes Fines and Chaff From Grains
A new Vibro-Air Size/Density Separator from Kason Corporation employs vibratory screening and airflow to simultaneously remove fines and chaff from grain products.
Material fed through a port on the unit's hood cascades over a series of strategically placed internal trays, and ultimately onto a vibrating, fine mesh screen that moves on-size material in controlled flow patterns toward and through a discharge port at the screen's periphery. Heavier fines pass through the screen onto a chute leading to a lower discharge spout.
Simultaneously, air drawn into the base of the air-tight chamber flows upward, drawing chaff, dust and other low density materials from the vibrating trays, into an airstream that increases in velocity (as the hood tapers) before venting to a cyclone and/or dust collector.
The separator is available in 24 to 100 in. (610 to 2540 mm) diameters, in carbon steel or stainless steel finished to 3-A, cGMP, USDA, FDA or industrial standards, and is offered as a stand-alone unit or a complete system integrated with a dust collection system, exhaust fan and electrical controls on a mobile frame, ready to plug in and run.
- Heat And Control Offers Micron-Pro Cooking Oil Filter
- Supercritical Fluid Technologies Introduces SFT-NPX-10 Supercritical Fluid Extractor
- Biocontrol Introduces MVP Icon For Monitoring Key HACCP Parameters
- Hinds-Bock Introduces 4P-01 High Speed Sauce Pellet Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Icer/Glazer
- Unifiller Introduces Multi-Piston Depositor
- Hinds-Bock Rolls Out Industrial Depositors
- Hinds-Bock Introduces Quick-Change
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Uveils Phenylbutazone Testing Method
- Ruwac Introduces DS2-EX Explosion-Proof Vacuum
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »