Frozen, All Natural Potato and Vegetable Side Dishes Easy to Prepare
ConAgra Foods, Omaha, Neb., launches Alexia Select Sides, a frozen line of all-natural, easy-to-prepare roasted potato and vegetable side dishes for skillet preparation. They go from freezer to plate in 10 to 12 minutes and contain all the ingredients needed to prepare a nutritious, multiple-serving side dish.
Cholesterol-free and zero trans fat per serving, Alexia Select Sides are available in four varieties: Roasted Red Potatoes & Baby Portabella Mushrooms; Roasted Red Potatoes & Italian Inspired Vegetables; Roasted Red Potatoes & Harvest Vegetables; and Chipotle Roasted Sweet Potatoes. Each package has three servings and includes a separate pouch containing a blend of premium oils, herbs and spices, such as thyme and sage, to complement the flavors of the other ingredients.
"Our consumer research showed that people crave more variety, yet often treat side dishes as an afterthought," says Michael Smith, the brand's director at ConAgra Foods. "With Alexia Select Sides, we're able to deliver premium, all-natural side dishes packed with the flavor of our herb-infused cooking oil and easily prepared in a skillet. Sautéing the vegetable blend creates a tempting aroma and gives the dish more flavor when compared with other frozen vegetables."
Suggested retail price is $3.69.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »