Rescue Water For Fluid Replacement
Beverages today are designed to do more than simply quench thirst. In the case of Cincinnati-based AriZona Beverage Co.'s new Rescue Water, the functional beverages are intended to help increase the rate of fluid replacement in active people and also help balance nutrient absorption into the body.
Formulated for AriZona by Twinlab laboratories, New York, there are four SKUs of Rescue Water that feature AriZona's classic green tea extract for an antioxidant boost: Berry Blend, a blend of L-theanine, green tea extract and lemon balm extract; Lemon-Lime, a blend of guarana extract, green tea extract and natural caffeine; Orange Citrus, with alpha lipoic acid, green tea extract, milk thistle extract and L-glutathione; and Pomegranate and Punch, which combats free radicals with a blend of arabinogalactin, green tea extract and elderberry extract.
Made with no preservatives, artificial colors, or artificial flavors and sweetened with reb-A, a natural sweetener that comes from stevia plants, Rescue Water contains only 25 calories per 8-oz. serving.
To package the enhanced waters in a manner that protects the sensitive nutrients and flavors and projects a powerful image, AriZona tapped, Constar for a high-tech, high-touch 20.5-oz PET bottle featuring the company's X4 technology, a breakthrough, panel-free design for hot-fill beverages that imparts the robust, in-hand feel of glass, while optimizing performance during the hot fill and labeling processes. The monolayer bottles also include Constar's DiamondClear technology, with an aggressive oxygen scavenger blended evenly throughout the PET to protect the freshness, flavor and color of the beverage inside, while giving the PET the clarity of glass.
Suggested retail price is $1.39-$1.89 per bottle.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »