Zespri Green And Gold Kiwifruit Reaches U.S.
Redwood City, Calif.-based Zespri International North America delivers Zespri Green Kiwifruit through November and Zespri Gold Kiwifruit through September to supermarkets and foodservice providers.
Looking forward to this year's crop, Karen Brux, market manager for Zespri International North America, predicts, "Juicy and flavorful in ways no other source can duplicate, Zespri Kiwifruit from New Zealand will deliver truly superior fruit in 2010."
After a hot, dry summer, brix levels are being recorded at historic high levels that translate into sweeter, more flavorful fruit. However, it's not just the weather that creates a perfect kiwifruit. According to Zespri grower Jim Mathews, "The soil is the start of everything." New Zealand boasts a unique environment for growing kiwifruit: fertile volcanic soil and artesian irrigation water from the country's mountain ranges. Patience is a virtue in New Zealand. Growers only harvest kiwifruit that's reached a minimum 6.2 brix level that allows the fruit to continue to ripen off the vine. Sweet fruit picked at peak conditions reduces waste and increases customer satisfaction.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »