D.D. Williamson Launches Caramel Color In North AmericaD.D. Williamson has developed an acid-proof, Class One caramel color for North American customers. The darkest Class One caramel color in D.D. Williamson’s product line, the new product provides stability below pH 2.5 and in alcohol up to 65% ABV.
For those customers exporting to the European Union, the new caramel color may be labeled as “Colour Plain Caramel” or “Burnt Sugar” depending on the function the product is serving in the food or beverage application. If flavor rather than color represents the purpose, then “Burnt Sugar” is a label option. The European Technical Caramel Association, chaired by D.D. Williamson’s Barry Foley, agreed on ‘decision-tree’ labeling of Burnt Sugar in November 2009.
- Sensient Colors Offers Accupak Dissolvable Color Bag
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »