Roasted Spices Bring Flavor Boosting Secrets From McCormick
When cooking enthusiasts look for flavor-boosting secrets, roasting spices rise to the top as one of the most accessible take-home techniques. McCormick, Hunt Valley, Md., introduces the McCormick Gourmet Collection of roasted ground spices, including cumin, cinnamon, ginger, and coriander.
An essential technique in many global cuisines, the flavorful benefits of roasting are becoming more broadly appreciated by American cooks, thanks to the popularity of cooking shows, chef-inspired recipes and international dishes. It is easy to enjoy these richer aromas and more robust flavors – without the time and temperature guesswork involved when roasting spices. The flavor experts at McCormick have made it simple for home cooks to skip that extra step.
You can add a depth of dimension to Southwestern, Indian and Moroccan dishes with Roasted Ground Cumin, and enhance the sweetness in deserts with Roasted Saigon Cinnamon. The light, lemony notes in Roasted Ground Coriander are deeply intensified, and Roasted Ground Ginger balances the spice's sharp notes for a warmer, round flavor, and brings a mellow sweet heat to BBQ sauces, chutneys and marinades.
"Today, people are looking for more complex, impactful flavors, like the ones they're experiencing in restaurants," says Kevan Vetter, executive chef at McCormick. "The technique of roasting spices brings out new aromas and layers of flavor that are remarkably different from unroasted varieties. The new McCormick Gourmet Collection Roasted line has a much fuller, rounder flavor."
Suggested retail price for 1.25-oz Roasted Saigon Cinnamon is $4.95, 1.5-oz Roasted Ground Cumin is $4.98, 1.37-oz of Roasted Ground Ginger is $5.60, and 1.25-oz of Roasted Ground Coriander is $4.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »