Skinny On The Skinny Cow
Good things come in small packages, but great things come in cups, at least they do from Oakland. Calif.-based Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream Inc., a division of Nestle USA. The Skinny Cow Low-Fat Ice Cream Cups deliver low-fat (only 2-3g) in each single-serve cup. With only 150-to-170 calories, they are a great alternative for those who want to live well and enjoy the sweeter things in life.
Flavorful varieties include: Caramel Cone, low-fat vanilla ice cream with chocolaty covered chunks of crunchy cone and swirls of caramel; Chocolate Fudge Brownie, low-fat chocolate ice cream with fudgy brownie chunks; Cookies 'N Cream, a classic combination of sweet low-fat ice cream and crunchy bites of chocolate cookie; Dulce de Leche, low-fat caramel ice cream loaded with layers of rich caramel; and Strawberry Cheesecake, low-fat cheesecake ice cream with ribbons of strawberries.
Unlike other "better for you" ice cream alternatives, The Skinny Cow frozen snacks don't skimp on flavor and have turned low-fat ice cream skeptics into avid enthusiasts with offerings such as White Mint Truffle Bars and Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Fat Ice Cream Sandwiches.
Suggested retail price for a 5.8-oz cup is $1.49.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »