Total Plus Omega-3s helps consumers get their nutrients
Nearly 50 percent of adults are looking for ways to get omega-3s into their diets, according to NPD Dieting Monitor. Now, getting this nutrient is as simple as eating a bowl of cereal. Minneapolis-based General Mills Inc. rolls out Total Plus Omega-3s, the latest variety in its Total cereal line, which combines all the nutritional attributes of Total with the health benefit of omega-3 fatty acids. The omega-3 ALA is sourced from naturally ground flax, and the cereal combines whole crunchy whole grain flakes, flax clusters and honey-sweetened almonds.
Total Plus Omega-3s has 100 percent of the DV of 12 essential vitamins and minerals, as well as 160mg, or 10 percent of the DV of ALA, an omega-3 fatty acid, per serving. In addition, it provides at least 16g of whole grain in every serving (one-third of the DV), and no leading cereal offers more calcium and vitamin D, which can support bone health.
"With the new Total Plus Omega-3s cereal, health-conscious Americans who have long trusted Total to deliver superior nutrition can also reap the benefits of omega-3 ALA from flax," says Dan Stangler, marketing manager for Total cereal. "Omega-3 ALA is an essential nutrient that cannot be produced within the body. It must be received through food, so Total Plus Omega-3s is a tasty solution for getting this nutrient."
Suggested retail price is $3.89.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ