Whole Wheat Tortillas On A MissionIrving, Texas-based Mission Foods introduces Mission Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas to retail and foodservice. Cholesterol free, they contain 30g of whole grain per serving--more than half the recommended daily value.
With a high percentage of whole grains, the line extension has earned the seal of approval from the Whole Grain Council, providing shoppers with an effective "search tool" to spot whole grain products endorsed by nutrition and medical experts. It is also a good source of dietary fiber and has 0g trans fat per serving. The tortillas also meet the requirements for Women, Infants and Children (WIC), a national program designed to safeguard the health of low-income women, infants and children up to age five who are at nutritional risk. WIC certification means Mission's newest tortillas are suitable for purchase by millions of families participating in the program.
Mission Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas address the top three functional concerns consumers have when selecting healthy food solutions: choosing heart-healthy foods, lower the risk of cancer and have no trans fats, according to the Mintel, Attitudes To Food: Weight & Diet Study.
"Mission Foods is committed to meeting the demands of consumers for healthier options," says Norma Rojas, senior director of marketing. "Mission Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas provide an affordable solution for families expecting the same quality and taste of our flour tortillas, but also want to make small, simple steps to integrate healthy eating habits for their families."
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »