Orgain Launches On-The-Go Meal ReplacementIrvine, Calif.- based Orgain Inc. launches Orgain, the first organic ready-to-drink meal replacement formulated to be the "healthiest drink in the world" by practicing physician and cancer survivor Dr. Andrew Abraham.
Timing couldn't be better: U.S. sales of organic food and beverage products hit $24.8 billion in 2009, up from 5.1 percent over the previous year, according to the Organic Trade Association; Hectic lifestyles leave little time to prepare nutritious meals; and Orgain can be used as a meal replacement, a post workout shake and to strengthen the immune system during times of illness.
Available in two flavors, Sweet Vanilla Bean and Creamy Chocolate Fudge, Orgain is made with organic cocoa and organic vanilla. It is free from caffeine, preservatives, gluten, corn syrup, saturated fat, hormones and antibiotics.
One 11-oz serving contains 255 nutrient-dense calories, 16g of organic protein, organic complex carbohydrates, fiber, and a synergistic immune and vitamin blend. It has the antioxidant equivalence of 10 servings of fruits and vegetables, with ingredients that include organic kale, beets, spinach, tomatoes, carrots, blueberries, bananas, acai berry, apple and raspberries.
Packaged in an 11-oz eco-friendly, recyclable Tetra Pak, Orgain is available at Whole Foods Market, Wegmans, Super Supplements, Food Town, Harris Teeter and natural food retailers across the country.
Suggested retail price is $3.59.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »