Parfaits Gain Traction Thanks to Breyer's YoCrunch Fruit Parfait
The yogurt category experienced rapid growth in recent years, due in large part to a greater focus on healthier lifestyles. U.S. sales of yogurt and yogurt drinks grew 32 percent between 2004 and 2009 to reach $4.1 billion, according to Mintel International.
Breyers Yogurt Co., North Lawrence, N.Y., launches YoCrunch Fruit Parfait, the only parfait to provide consumers with a layered fruit, yogurt and granola parfait in their local grocery store. Flavors include Strawberry, Blueberry and Peach.
Each cup is loaded with a thick, visible layer of fruit, smooth and creamy vanilla low-fat yogurt and a separate topping of premium crunchy granola that can be mixed in to ensure the perfect crunch in every bite. YoCrunch Fruit Parfait is kind to the waistline with just 120 calories per serving and offers a healthier snack with fewer calories than any quick service restaurants yogurt parfait offering.
"We are thrilled to introduce another innovation in the yogurt category with the arrival of YoCrunch Fruit Parfait," says CEO Jim Nolan. "McDonald's, Panera Bread and others have popularized these healthy and great tasting products, and now the YoCrunch brand is making it possible for the consumer to enjoy this nutritious trend in the convenience of their home."
Suggested retail price for a four-pack is $2.89.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ