Parfaits Gain Traction Thanks to Breyer's YoCrunch Fruit Parfait
The yogurt category experienced rapid growth in recent years, due in large part to a greater focus on healthier lifestyles. U.S. sales of yogurt and yogurt drinks grew 32 percent between 2004 and 2009 to reach $4.1 billion, according to Mintel International.
Breyers Yogurt Co., North Lawrence, N.Y., launches YoCrunch Fruit Parfait, the only parfait to provide consumers with a layered fruit, yogurt and granola parfait in their local grocery store. Flavors include Strawberry, Blueberry and Peach.
Each cup is loaded with a thick, visible layer of fruit, smooth and creamy vanilla low-fat yogurt and a separate topping of premium crunchy granola that can be mixed in to ensure the perfect crunch in every bite. YoCrunch Fruit Parfait is kind to the waistline with just 120 calories per serving and offers a healthier snack with fewer calories than any quick service restaurants yogurt parfait offering.
"We are thrilled to introduce another innovation in the yogurt category with the arrival of YoCrunch Fruit Parfait," says CEO Jim Nolan. "McDonald's, Panera Bread and others have popularized these healthy and great tasting products, and now the YoCrunch brand is making it possible for the consumer to enjoy this nutritious trend in the convenience of their home."
Suggested retail price for a four-pack is $2.89.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ