Pub Favorites Available At Home For Hungry Men
Men ages 18-34 are the primary consumers of frozen dinners -- the Hungry-Man brand in particular. Targeting this demographic, Mountain Lakes, N.J.-based Hungry-Man Frozen Dinners and Entrées, a Pinnacle Foods Group LLC company, introduces Hungry-Man Pub Favorites, pub-inspired meals for an on-the-go lifestyle.
The line, which includes three satisfying meal options, targets real food lovers who appreciate contemporary pub-style foods with deliciously bold flavors and sauces but may not have time to prepare a traditionally cooked meal. Each meal features a hardy protein matched with bold, alcohol-infused sauces and a range of signature sides.
Varieties include Chopped Beef Steak, featuring a brewhouse mushroom gravy, green beans with bacon and roasted potatoes; Beer Battered Chicken, which comes complete with extra cheesy cheese fries; and Grilled Bourbon Steak Strip, with creamy mashed potatoes and a vegetable medley.
Growth in alcohol-flavored food offers an opportunity for the food and drink industry, according to a study done by the European Centre for Monitoring Alcohol Marketing (EUCAM). Items inspired by drinks, especially famous brands; not only broaden the spectrum of options available to manufacturers but can also play a role in building consumer loyalty to the original alcohol brand.
"There's hungry and there's really hungry -- Hungry-Man is the only solution for both types of hunger," says senior brand manager Kristen Thompson. "Our meals provide hearty portions of the food men love. The new Pub Favorites line consists of unique meals you would find at your local pub, only you can enjoy them in the comfort and convenience of your own home."
Suggested retail price is $3.59.
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »