Whole Grains Come To Chicken Nuggets
Parents will be happy to hear they have a healthier chicken nugget option available for their kids from Perdue Farms Inc., Salisbury, Md. The company's latest line of frozen chicken is made with whole grain breading and includes three varieties: Whole Grain Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets, Whole Grain Breaded Chicken Breast Strips and Whole Grain Breaded Chicken Breast Tenders. All provide consumers with a convenient meal or snack option that is both nutritious and delicious.
The USDA Dietary Guidelines recommend that all Americans make half or more of their grains whole grains. Each Whole Grain Perdue product features the Whole Grains Council's stamp, indicating that each serving provides at least one half-serving (8g) of whole grains. As with all Perdue frozen products, the whole grain line is made with only white meat chicken, is an excellent source of protein and contains no preservatives or fillers.
They apparently taste great too – in consumer taste tests, consumers loved the appearance, aroma and taste of Perdue Whole Grain. Additionally, the products provide 4g of daily fiber per serving and are a good source of vitamin B1, B6 and niacin.
Perdue Whole Grain Breaded Chicken Breast Nuggets and Tenders are also "child nutrition" labeled, clearly identifying the contribution of these products toward fulfilling the USDA's daily child nutrition meal pattern requirement.
Suggested retail price is $6.99 for the Nuggets and Tenders (29-oz. bag) and $9.49 for the Breast Strips (25-oz. bag).
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now Ľ
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now Ľ