Quaker Stirs Up The Oatmeal Category
Quaker Hearty Medleys Instant Multigrain Hot Cereal offers a blend of four different heart-healthy whole grains – oats, wheat, barley and rye – that provide a good source of fiber and are loaded with real nuts and fruits for mom and dad. Flavors are Apple Cranberry Almond and Banana Walnut.
Quaker also reformulated its signature Instant Oatmeal products. New and Improved Quaker Instant Oatmeal now is made with larger whole grain oats for a heartier texture, and three of its signature varieties have 25 percent less sugar (9g per serving) and all natural flavors.
But my favorite is Quaker Mix-Up Creations Instant Oatmeal, a really fun product for kids and kids at heart. Quaker Mix-Up Creations combines five varieties of oatmeal in a box, each in half-pouch servings. Kids can mix any two packets to create their own favorite oatmeal combination every morning. Flavors include apples, cinnamon, blueberries, maple and bananas. Kids love mixing, matching and experimenting, so this is a winning idea for future R&D scientists.
"Americans need to go back to basics, and that starts with breakfast," says Jaya Kumar, president of Quaker Oats. "We all inherently know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and in fact, nearly two-thirds of Americans say they feel satisfied after eating it. Still, only about half of Americans eat breakfast every day. We see a universal need for education and motivation to help Americans make breakfast a daily, healthy habit."
Suggested retail price for both Hearty Medleys and Mix-Up Creations is $3.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »