Steaming Hot Entrees Offer Fresh Flavor
Omaha, Neb.-based ConAgra Foods introduces Marie Callender's New Fresh Flavor Steamer entrées, frozen meals that use steam cooking for fresh-tasting meals in five minutes or less. Its TV ad campaign will remind consumers to take the time to enjoy their meals with the tag line "It's time to savor."
A natural evolution of the bran's successful line of Pasta Al Dente meals, the proprietary tray-in-tray steaming technology separates the sauce from the rest of the ingredients during cooking. As the sauce heats up, it steams the ingredients for the fresh flavors and textures consumers expect from a homemade meal.
Varieties include: Asian-inspired Sesame Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki and Chicken Stir Fry with Vegetables; classic American Smoky Cheddar Mac & Uncured Bacon; Creamy Chicken & Portobello Risotto; and a Mexican-inspired Chicken Fajita Bowl.
"Pasta Al Dente meals are eaten at lunch 50 percent of the time, versus only 39 percent for premium, single-serve frozen meals," says Jenn Freeman, brand director.
"With new consumers enjoying Marie Callender's in new ways, we definitely saw an opportunity to expand our Pasta Al Dente line of steam-cooked meals to include new recipes from around the globe that have broader consumer appeal."
Suggested retail price is $2.99.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »