Steaming Hot Entrees Offer Fresh Flavor
Omaha, Neb.-based ConAgra Foods introduces Marie Callender's New Fresh Flavor Steamer entrées, frozen meals that use steam cooking for fresh-tasting meals in five minutes or less. Its TV ad campaign will remind consumers to take the time to enjoy their meals with the tag line "It's time to savor."
A natural evolution of the bran's successful line of Pasta Al Dente meals, the proprietary tray-in-tray steaming technology separates the sauce from the rest of the ingredients during cooking. As the sauce heats up, it steams the ingredients for the fresh flavors and textures consumers expect from a homemade meal.
Varieties include: Asian-inspired Sesame Chicken, Chicken Teriyaki and Chicken Stir Fry with Vegetables; classic American Smoky Cheddar Mac & Uncured Bacon; Creamy Chicken & Portobello Risotto; and a Mexican-inspired Chicken Fajita Bowl.
"Pasta Al Dente meals are eaten at lunch 50 percent of the time, versus only 39 percent for premium, single-serve frozen meals," says Jenn Freeman, brand director.
"With new consumers enjoying Marie Callender's in new ways, we definitely saw an opportunity to expand our Pasta Al Dente line of steam-cooked meals to include new recipes from around the globe that have broader consumer appeal."
Suggested retail price is $2.99.
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »