Kellogg's Debuts FiberPlus Cereal
Fiber-containing food products have flooded the market as Americans struggle to meet their daily fiber recommendations, but the need for something tasty and nutritious doesn't stop. Research by the Hartman Group found consumers also seek to add more antioxidants and other nutrients to their diets.
That's why Kellogg Co., Battle Creek, Mich., introduces Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Cereals containing both fiber and antioxidant vitamins C and E in two varieties -- Berry Yogurt Crunch and Cinnamon Oat Crunch.
It is an ideal product extension, since Kellogg's FiberPlus brand raised the bar on taste and nutrition last year with the introduction of Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Bars. Now that great taste and nutrition of Kellogg's Fiber Plus reaches the cereal bowl. In fact, Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Cinnamon Oat Crunch cereal has 9g of fiber per 32-g serving (35 percent DV). Berry Yogurt Crunch cereal mixes whole-grain wheat and rice flakes with crunchy berry- and yogurt-flavored clusters and supplies 25g of whole grains per serving.
"Kellogg's FiberPlus is a brand that understands that consumers want to get positive nutrition without sacrificing great taste," says Cheryl Dolven, director of nutrition marketing at Kellogg Co. "Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Cereals deliciously delivers fiber and antioxidants. It's an ideal choice for consumers who want great taste and nutrition from their cereal."
Suggested retail price is in the neighborhood of $5.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »