Saffron Road Launches Halal Indian EntreesStamford, Conn.-based American Halal Co. debuts Saffron Road, all natural, Halal Certified, frozen Indian entrées to Whole Foods Market stores nationally in four varieties -- Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Biryani, Lamb Saag, and Lamb Vindaloo.
Saffron Road helps fulfill Americans' insatiable appetite for authentic ethnic meals, especially those from the Asian subcontinent. Sales of ethnic foods have continued to grow in the 20 percent range while overall food sales have been relatively flat.
Besides adhering to authentic recipes and cooking techniques, all Saffron Road products are Halal Certified by the Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America (IFANCA). Halal is an Islamic tradition that has healthfully fed literally billons of people over the last 1,400 years. Halal promotes the sacred tradition of respect for the land, fair treatment for farmers, humane treatment of livestock and clean, healthy food to eat. There are upwards of 6 million American Muslims with over $170 billion in purchasing power that are looking for Halal products.
Saffron Road's All Natural Certified Halal entrees use chicken that is Certified Humane by Humane Farm Animal Care. All of Saffron Road's livestock are fed 100% vegetarian feed and are never given antibiotics or hormones.
"Working with Whole Foods Market is the perfect partnership for Saffron Road. The core tenants of Saffron Road's Halal Certification begin at the farm with how the livestock is raised as well as the other sustainable farming practices," says Jack Acree, executive vice president of Saffron Road. "These beliefs match up perfectly with the core values of Whole Foods and its dedicated consumers."
"Whole Foods Market is proud to launch the first ever line of all natural, Halal frozen entrees," says Errol Schweizer, senior global grocery coordinator for Whole Foods Market. "The Saffron Road brand is a delicious and high quality offering that will satisfy and delight our customers."
Suggested retail price is $5.39.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »