Silk Launches PureAlmond Almond MilkAs more and more people look for an alternative to dairy milk that won't sacrifice taste and nutrition, Broomfield, Colo.-based White Wave Foods launches Silk PureAlmond almondmilk in Original (at 60 calories a glass), Vanilla (90 calories), and Dark Chocolate (120 calories).
Dairy, soy, and cholesterol free, PureAlmond is 100% lactose and dairy free made from whole almonds and has the subtle, satisfying flavor of real, natural almonds. It also provides as much calcium and vitamin D as milk – but with no saturated fat and fewer calories than 1% milk.
Health professionals recognize that almonds are a nutritious addition to a healthy diet. A serving of almonds is an excellent source of vitamin E, a natural antioxidant that has been studied for its role in supporting normal heart and brain function, as well as promoting a healthy complexion. Each serving of Silk PureAlmond almondmilk provides an impressive 50 percent of the RDV of this essential nutrient.
"Silk is committed to and known for offering a variety of delicious and nutritious dairy-free products," says Craig Shiesley, the brand's vice president. "We believe in giving people great tasting, high quality and healthy alternatives to milk – from a brand they know and trust – so they can incorporate more plant-based foods from nature into their diet."
Suggested retail price is $2.99 -- $3.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »