New Salt Replacer Lowers Sodium Levels 20 To 65 Percent, Maintains TasteOttens Flavors has introduced a product which may help lower the sodium level in popular foods – such as potato chips, soups, meats and sauces – while maintaining the food flavors consumers enjoy.
For years flavor companies have attempted to create functional, cost-effective tasting substitutes with mixed results. Ottens performed two years of extensive testing using its exclusive flavor development process, which allows Ottens to develop flavors to hit a specific taste target.
Benefits of Ottens Plus Alt-Salt include:
- Clean tasting without bitter off notes
- No added MSG, Glutamic Acid or Ribotides
- Can be used topically and liquid applications
- 20 to 65 percent sodium reduction
- Natural, Natural & Artificial, Kosher/Halal certified, Non-GMO, Vegetarian, Vegan
- Heat stable
In some applications, Alt-Salt is nearly a one-to-one replacement for salt. Each application must be optimized for both Ottens Plus Alt-Salt type and level. There are several versions of Alt-Salt and different versions work at different flavor levels depending upon the application.
- Biocatalysts Introduces Pectinase 872L Fruit-Firming Enzyme
- Sensient Colors Introduces DustPro NXT
- Sensient Colors Introduces Advanced Emulsion For Natural Colors
- Van Drunen Farms Introduces Freeze-Dried Lime Powder
- WILD Flavors expands flavoring line with Sweetness Enhancer
- Van Drunen Farms introduces lemon flavoring ingredients
- TIC Gums reveals Add-Here 3200 hydrocolloid system
- FMC BioPolymer reveals its health and nutrition product portfolio
- AKFP introduces Suchero organic coconut palm sugar
- PureCircle unveils high-purity Reb D
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »