V8 Cuts Salt, Adds Kick
Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J., brings heat to low-sodium foods with the rollout of V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium vegetable juice. With 140mg of sodium in each 8-oz. glass, the zesty juice delivers bold taste with less salt and includes two full servings of vegetables (1 cup) with only 50 calories.
Displaying the American Heart Association heart-check mark, V8 Spicy meets requirements for a low-sodium food.
"We're pleased to offer a kicked-up version of our original Low Sodium V8 juice, which has been a fast-growing part of the V8 franchise over the years," says Dale Clemiss, vice president, beverage marketing. "People often associate less salt with less flavor. But V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium offers the spice and heat people are looking for that's not often found in low-sodium products."
Suggested retail price for a 46-oz. bottle is $3.99.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »