V8 Cuts Salt, Adds Kick
Campbell Soup Co., Camden, N.J., brings heat to low-sodium foods with the rollout of V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium vegetable juice. With 140mg of sodium in each 8-oz. glass, the zesty juice delivers bold taste with less salt and includes two full servings of vegetables (1 cup) with only 50 calories.
Displaying the American Heart Association heart-check mark, V8 Spicy meets requirements for a low-sodium food.
"We're pleased to offer a kicked-up version of our original Low Sodium V8 juice, which has been a fast-growing part of the V8 franchise over the years," says Dale Clemiss, vice president, beverage marketing. "People often associate less salt with less flavor. But V8 Spicy Hot Low Sodium offers the spice and heat people are looking for that's not often found in low-sodium products."
Suggested retail price for a 46-oz. bottle is $3.99.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »