New Look, Flavors And Management For Balance Bar
Greenwich, Conn.-based Brynwood Partners gives Balance Bar, one of America's original nutrition/energy bar leaders, a new look, new flavors and a new management team led by Michael Sands, CEO and president, whose objective is to reclaim the brand's passion and innovation.
Brynwood Partners has worked closely with nutritional consultants and dieticians to reformulate many of its popular flavors and create three new bars: Double Chocolate Brownie; Lemon Meringue Crunch; and S'mores.
Founded in 1992 in Santa Barbara, Calif., by a group of sports enthusiasts and scientists, Balance Bar was based on the 40-30-30 nutrition principal – 40 percent of calories from carbohydrates, 30 percent from quality protein and 30 percent from dietary fat - to help create energy that lasts for hours. Balance Bar caught on with active, educated and affluent men and women looking for healthy nutrition. As the brand expanded into other formats and products the consumer reach grew, but the core consumer remained constant. The Balance Bar franchise consists of four main product lines - Original, Gold, Bare and CarbWell. Almost all Balance Bars are still routed in the 40-30-30 nutritional model, have 200 calories, 14g of protein and 23 essential vitamins and minerals and are certified Kosher.
Throughout this year and next, Balance Bar will conduct in-market sampling programs in 10 major markets that will include experiential guerilla sampling, in-store activity, radio partnerships, branded giveaways, online contests, coupons and lots of other fun campaigns.
"When Balance Bar was founded nearly two decades ago, it was a pioneer in the nutrition/energy bar category and driven by originality and emotional relevance," says Sands. "Although the company has enviable brand equity and market share, it has not been actively communicating with its consumers. We want the new Balance Bar Co. to be driven by what consumers want and need."
Suggested retail price for a 1.76 oz. single-serve bar is $1.49.
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »