Simply Organic Adds To Its Mini Spice LineA recent study by the Avery Island, La.-based McIlhenny Co. found 83 percent of Americans are now cooking dinner at home four to seven times per week. With more people cooking at home today rather than dining out, seasonings and spices are increasingly sought out to enhance meal flavor. In response to this increased demand Simply Organic, a brand of Norway, Iowa-based Frontier Natural Products Co-op, adds 11 new seasonings and spices to its highly popular line of mini spices, which increases turns and ensures maximum freshness.
Some of the new additions are recognizable staples -- cayenne pepper, curry powder, lemon peel, marjoram, nutmeg and tarragon, along with black sesame seed and chipotle pepper. New pre-blended seasonings include herbes de Provence, garam masala and pumpkin pie spice. Many of these spices are prominent in American dishes, as well as increasingly popular Mediterranean and Indian cuisines.
"In a recent study by the Hartman Group, 62 percent of shoppers cited seasonings and spices as an ingredient that best assists flavoring home-cooked meals," notes Kory Kazimour, senior brand manager at Simply Organic. "Simply Organic's pure, organic spices with no preservatives or additives ensure fresh, peak flavor, and the mini size is perfect for fully stocking a spice cabinet without taking up too much space. It's an easy at-shelf decision," she adds. Kazimour also points out that the low everyday price encourages trial and consumer sampling.
Suggested retail price is $2.19.
- Kraft Introduces Oscar Mayer Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Hot Dog
- Ian's Natural Foods Offers New Gluten-Free Foods
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »