Simply Organic Adds To Its Mini Spice LineA recent study by the Avery Island, La.-based McIlhenny Co. found 83 percent of Americans are now cooking dinner at home four to seven times per week. With more people cooking at home today rather than dining out, seasonings and spices are increasingly sought out to enhance meal flavor. In response to this increased demand Simply Organic, a brand of Norway, Iowa-based Frontier Natural Products Co-op, adds 11 new seasonings and spices to its highly popular line of mini spices, which increases turns and ensures maximum freshness.
Some of the new additions are recognizable staples -- cayenne pepper, curry powder, lemon peel, marjoram, nutmeg and tarragon, along with black sesame seed and chipotle pepper. New pre-blended seasonings include herbes de Provence, garam masala and pumpkin pie spice. Many of these spices are prominent in American dishes, as well as increasingly popular Mediterranean and Indian cuisines.
"In a recent study by the Hartman Group, 62 percent of shoppers cited seasonings and spices as an ingredient that best assists flavoring home-cooked meals," notes Kory Kazimour, senior brand manager at Simply Organic. "Simply Organic's pure, organic spices with no preservatives or additives ensure fresh, peak flavor, and the mini size is perfect for fully stocking a spice cabinet without taking up too much space. It's an easy at-shelf decision," she adds. Kazimour also points out that the low everyday price encourages trial and consumer sampling.
Suggested retail price is $2.19.
- Mr. Dee's Introduces Dee Amore Simply Baked Fries
- Inventure Foods Offers TGI Friday's Snacks
- Kraft Introduces Jell-o Arroz Con Leche
- Kathie's Kitchen Expands Line of SuperSeedz Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Nestle Skinny Cow Ice Cream Candy Bars
- Setton Farms Introduces Pistachio Chewy Bites
- AriZona Beverages Offers Soda Shaq
- AmeriCandy Offers Choc-Liq-Stick Chocolate and Bourbon Gift
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »