Charlie the Tuna Now Pouched, With Less Sodium
Pittsburgh-based StarKist introduces two new shelf-stable tuna products. StarKist Low Sodium Tuna Pouch (available in both Chunk Light and Albacore White,) claims to be the first low-sodium tuna pouch on the market. StarKist Yellowfin Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil Pouch is the first pouch on the market containing yellowfin tuna and packed in extra virgin olive oil. Both are in 2.6-oz pouches and require no mixing or draining. They're the perfect size for sandwiches.
A natural source of Omega-3, StarKist's low-sodium albacore tuna delivers more than a 75 percent sodium reduction per serving than the standard tuna pouch, and Chunk Light comes in at a 50 percent sodium reduction.
It's a timely launch since 23 percent of Americans have been advised by a doctor to reduce their sodium intake, according to a Technomic Survey, and on trend with consumer health concerns and the likely new Dietary Guidelines, due out any day now. Plus, the ready-to-enjoy, no hassle pouch is great for the office or school, as well as home.
Suggested retail price for StarKist Yellowfin is $1.99, and $2.19 for Low-Sodium Albacore.
- The Farmer's Cow Offers Summer-Time Beverages
- Kellogg Co. Introduces Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts
- Kettle Brand Introduces Two New Chip Flavors
- Monogram Food Solutions Introduces Butterball Turkey Jerky Snacks
- Kraft Foods introduces Velveeta Toppers
- Pure Leaf Iced Tea from Lipton Contains Just a Hint of Sugar
- Edison Grainery Offers Organic Quinoa Pasta
- San-J International Introduces Lower-Sodium Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- CredibleCravings Offers Organic, Gluten-Free Whole Food Bar
- Chez Marie Introduces Hearty Hemp Seed Veggie Patties
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »