Hillshire Provides Better-For-You Sausage Alternative
Hillshire Farm Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage is a better-for-you sausage alternative from Sara Lee North American Retail, Downers Grove, Ill. They're for consumers who love the taste of sausage, but prefer a lower-fat poultry option. With 60 percent less fat than their traditional sausage counterparts, these chicken sausages contain no MSG or MSC and can be substituted into almost any recipe.
Made from chicken and spices, Hillshire Farm Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage has a distinctly light flavor that lends itself well to a variety of other ingredients. It can be sautéed, baked or barbequed, and is versatile enough for the whole family to enjoy. It can be prepared in many ways – in a panini sandwich, as a pizza topping or as a beef substitute in a skillet, stir-fry or pasta recipe. For a smoky grilled flavor, skewer it with vegetables for shish kabobs, or add it to jambalaya, gumbo or red beans and rice.
"With American families consuming more poultry than ever before, Hillshire Farm fills a void in the marketplace with this introduction," says Tim Roush, vice president, lunch and dinner brands, for Sara Lee. "We know that offering our consumers variety as well as economical and lower-fat options are most important. Introducing Hillshire Farm Chicken Hardwood Smoked Sausage to the marketplace is a natural next step in our ongoing commitment to bringing consumers delicious choices that meet their ever evolving needs."
Suggested retail price for a 14-oz. package is $3.99.
Website: www.saralee.com, www.GoMeat.com
- Veev Introduces VitaFrute Ready-Made Cocktails
- Smart Balance Blended Butter Sticks Taste Like Real Butter With Less Saturated Fat
- Funky Monkey And Marvel Present Superhero Fruit Snacks
- Caribou Coffee Company Introduces Two New Whole Bean Coffees
- Yoplait Introduces Cocktail-Flavored Yogurts
- Straw-Ber-Rita Blends Bud Light With Authentic Strawberry Margarita Taste
- Resers Introduces Two New Baja Cafe Salsa Varieties
- Mondelez Introduces Whole-Grain Brown Rice Triscuits
- Beech-Nut Launches Line Of Baby Food In Traditional Latin Flavors
- Idahoan Foods Bacon and Cheddar Chipotle Gives Mashed Potatoes A Smoky Kick
- All products »
Access Food Processing and Wellness Foods magazines on-line and receive an e-mail each month when your new issue is ready. Subscribe Now »
Biweekly updates delivering feature articles, top industry news, company news, product announcements, technical issues and more. Subscribe Now »